Sunday, March 8, 2015

DIY FAIRY COSTUME + EDUCATIONAL ART PROJECT

It's always nice to sneak in some educational concepts when you're playing with your littles! My 4.5-year-old, Ari, needed a costume for a school carnival this weekend and beeeeeeegged me to buy a Tinker Bell costume. I did NOT want to go out in traffic to buy one and spend the money. I thought it would be much more fun to make it! But wait... we're out of green paper. That's okay, we'll use paint! Oh **** we're out of green paint. Ummm.... 

Ari's really into experiments and potions and magic, so we refreshed our color theory lessons and made all different shades and tints of green.
 Just blue, yellow, and white! 
I put blobs of blue, yellow, and white all over a piece of butcher paper and let the kids go to town. They came up with the most beautiful colors! And Max had a nice snack of paint (OMG that kid!!).
When the paper was dry, I drew leaf shapes with a thick sharpie and cut them out. Just freehand it, really anything will look good outlined in black!
I used safety pins to attach to a green sweater and baseball hat. We borrowed fairy wings from our friend, and voila! Tink!

 Yep... those are jammie pants.
Max went as Danny Zuko at the end of Grease :)

Love your children every minute of every day!

-L

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...